- RSS Channel Showcase 1690975
- RSS Channel Showcase 4907644
- RSS Channel Showcase 6680988
- RSS Channel Showcase 7757107
Articles on this Page
- 09/20/16--13:42: _Re: Vital QIP integ...
- 09/20/16--13:48: _Enable Storage DRS
- 09/20/16--13:49: _Re: Fatal Error 33 ...
- 09/20/16--13:50: _"Unable to create t...
- 09/20/16--13:50: _Re: "Unable to crea...
- 09/20/16--13:52: _Host printers disap...
- 09/20/16--13:56: _Re: Problems Export...
- 09/20/16--13:59: _Re: Urgent Help!!! ...
- 09/20/16--14:10: _Re: Can't connect U...
- 09/20/16--14:15: _Re: Frequent crashe...
- 09/20/16--14:27: _Workstation 12.5 Ne...
- 09/20/16--14:29: _Re: vSphere Data Pr...
- 09/20/16--14:34: _Using ESXi 6 for Vi...
- 09/20/16--14:40: _Re: Upgrade path to...
- 09/20/16--15:01: _need help with you ...
- 09/20/16--15:11: _Re: Changing disk p...
- 09/20/16--15:15: _Re: VMware Workstat...
- 09/20/16--15:30: _Re: So this is more...
- 09/20/16--15:33: _Re: maybe this is a...
- 09/20/16--15:37: _Fix parentcid snaps...
- 09/20/16--13:42: Re: Vital QIP integration with vRA 6.2
- 09/20/16--13:48: Enable Storage DRS
- 09/20/16--13:49: Re: Fatal Error 33 inconsistent data when loading tools.t00
- 09/20/16--13:52: Host printers disappeared after update to Workstation Player 12.5
- The vCenter console the desktop is a black screen
- I can ping the desktop
- I can initiate an RDP but i never get to the desktop
- I have yet to test to see if i can at least pull the logs from the system... be trying that later today
- The user session has been disconnected for 6 days so other than powering down its no change for me
- 09/20/16--14:10: Re: Can't connect USB-Drive to VM with W7 at Workstation Pro 12.x
- 09/20/16--14:27: Workstation 12.5 Network services problem
- 09/20/16--14:34: Using ESXi 6 for Virtual Development Environment
- 09/20/16--14:40: Re: Upgrade path to vSphere 6 with multiple sites
- All permissions created for users from the Single Sign-On system identity source
- All permissions granted to users from identity sources that are not present in the new Single Sign-On instance
- All permissions granted to local operating system users
- 09/20/16--15:01: need help with you cannot call a method on a null-valued expression
- 09/20/16--15:11: Re: Changing disk persistence
- 09/20/16--15:15: Re: VMware Workstation 12 Pro Mouse Forward Back Buttons Don't Work
- 09/20/16--15:37: Fix parentcid snapshot chain on windows
Unfortunately for me we are several versions behind... I dream of the day we switch products or at the very least upgrade.
Is there a way to make a script to check and make sure all VMs have storage DRS enabled, as I know there are crazy occasions to where we turned off the SDRS and now have no idea which are turned on and off.
Is the hardware you are trying to install ESXI 6.0 on the HCL? Also is there any other debugging information you can provide?
Fatal error 33 is a inconsistent data error.. are you loading it onto a SD card, Hard drive or running off of USB?
MBP, VMware Fusion 8.5.0. I had tried GM 2 downloaded into a VM running beta7, copied outside the VM, but that failed with the same error message.
I deleted the GM 2 before downloading the one from the app store. Getting the same error.
Seems like it's caching something that needs to be deleted. I restarted VMware Fusion.
I would appreciate help getting this to work. I need to test my software on this. Thanks.
The same installer was able to upgrade an El Cap VM to Sierra, so the installer is good.
I am running Win XP Pro guest on a Win 10 Host. All host printers (and everything else) works fine on version 12.1.1 build-3770994. After upgrade to 12.5.0 all the virtual printers disappeared. I have tried everything I can think of including removing and reinstalling the software and generating a new virtual machine, but the printers stay gone. When I restore Vmware from a backup to the 12.1.1 version, it works fine again. Am I locked into using v.12.1.1 forever?
Are you running the latest version of the Client integration plugin?
I have disabled HSTS via the registry on one pool but i am still seeing problems... (perhaps i didn't apply it correctly)
We are going to apply the IE patch (again if it's not installed) and see how that fairs...
We only upgraded to Horizon 6 this year (Feb) , IE11 wasn't fully pushed out til June - i have to confirm when we started seeing this on a regular basis to piece it all together. We have different desktop pools in total
I'll try and update again next week after the re-compose
thanks for your answer. Crazy: As I wrote above: This drive with the many older XP in a VM. This takes time, but the drive connects to an XP VM.
But: This was the right answer. With the USB 3 driver I can connect the drive to the W7 VM! Thanks a lot!
On thing to notice: If this is an older VM (for example created with Workstation 9.x) and / or the compatibility of this VM ist low (Workstation 9.x), you can't choose the USB 3 compatibility from the VM setting like described. You have to upgrade the compatibility of the VM to Workstation 12.x first.
Thanks to wila!
I am seeing exactly this crash fairly regularly when the VM tries to grab kb/mouse input since upgrading to Fusion 8.5 and macOS 10.12. I have a couple crash reports I can send if useful.
I just upgraded to 12.5 and now when I try to run windows 7 64 bit it slows down a lot. In the performance monitor it says that the network services is pegging the cpu at 100%. any one have any ideas? The host is windows 10. when I ran 12.1 everything ran fine.
You have to disable VM quiesce. I wish VMware provided an option to do that for cases like your experiencing. You do have the option of falling back to a non-quiesced backup but that can still cause applications to crash. My impression is EMC engineering doesn't believe you would ever want to fully disable VM quiesce from the backup application. I don't believe they see the value of a non-quiesced VM backup which in my experience can be really useful. Sometimes its best to have both an application backup and a non-quiesced image backup. VADP quiesceing can be really buggy and can cause issues with applications especially when using clustering.
1. Disable quiescing in backup application.
Oftentimes this is the simplest solution to implement and maintain. Not the case with VDP because its not really an option.
2. Disable VSS application quiescing using the vSphere Client:
3. Disable VSS application quiescing using VMware Tools:
4. Disable specific VSS writers
See KB for more info: Disabling specific VSS writers with VMware Tools (1031200) | VMware KB
I believe VDP will think the VM is quiesced even though it isn't. Not positive.
Hey All -
I'm engaging the IT dept here to help setup virtualized development environments - we are using VS2013, Windows 2012 R2, etc... and finding the performance of the VM's to be sub par. The main problem was an overloaded SAN - so we've used a dedicated SSD for the G9 blade this is running on.
Performance is now "not bad" not but still leaves something to be desired.
I'm a bit confused if this is something endemic with VMware ESXi 6 or not - currently at home i'm running an older ESXi 4 setup and have two "virtual workstations" running off my old quad core deskop with 24GB ram (less than the ram we allocated each of the VM's) and a platter drive (7200 rpm) and getting ~25% better performance.
Is there a checklist of items we should run through when attempting this? I'd like to get my developers and QA all virtualized in-house, which means roughly a dozen VM's built through vagrant and promoted to ESXi via chef. But currently the test VM we're using is not even matching the performance of running the same VM image via VirtualBox on our developers laptops.
That seems very odd to me, there has to be some things we're missing here - any thoughts?
So current state is 3 different SSO domains running on 5.5. And future state is v6 linked mode SSO configuration between 3 sites.
This is what you need to do:
1. Create a new SSO role on a new Windows based server. Create additional SSO servers in each site linking it to the first one.
Now you should have your current setup and synchronized SSO domain between all sites.
2. You'll need to repoint the vCenters in each site to the local SSO installation. By doing this you will lose:
Now you will have a v5.5 SSO multisite layout. Each of the SSO is independent on each other. Recommend checking if the SSO is syncing correctly before continuing. Should happen every 30 sec.
3. Now you can upgrade to vSphere 6. First you upgrade the SSO Windows machines to 6. Then the vCenter servers.
If you require to change to PSC appliances and vCenter appliances you will need to take these additional steps:
1. Create a new PSC in each site and link to the one local on each site. This will result in 1 Windows Based PSC and 1 appliance based in each site, all of them in the same SSO domain.
2. Repoint the vCenter to the appliance PSC.
3. Disconnect and delete the Windows based PSCs.
4. Migrate from vCenter on Windows to Appliance (not supported, yet)
I am trying to use esxcli.storage.core.device.set to attach a lun, but I cannot seem to get powercli to take the command
PowerCLI D:\Scripts\Attach-Datastore> $esxcli.storage.core.device.set()
You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.
At line:1 char:32
+ $esxcli.storage.core.device.set <<<< ()
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (set:String) , RuntimeException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvokeMethodOnNull
I am on powercli version 5.8 release 1 if it matters, my hosts and vcenter are 5.5 u3
Any help would be appreciated
Sorry to revive an old post but at this year's VMworld I attended a (great) group session with Alan, LucD, and William Lam regarding PowerCLI. Towards the end I asked a question regarding this exact procedure of changing the persistence level of a running VM and William indicated that it was possible via get-view. I don't have any experience with get-view and have spent a couple of hours trying to figure out how I might change settings without any luck.
When will this problem be fixed?
OK Very strange;
I re-opened Fusion - now I Did a n00b thing in Mac OS X - I changed the setting unchecked in preferences under the "General" to "Close windows when quitting an app"
Closed then re-opened VMWare. That didn't fix it.
Booted this morning - VMWare Windows STILL didn't re-open.
Closed VMWare just now to get your screen shot, and BAM - windows I had open re-opened.
So looks like "Close windows when quitting an app" THEN Re-boot, then close with windows open THEN re-open app - bam Windows opened.
Damn. I'll re-boot and check this again.
THAT WAS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK, so I messed up trying to rename some of the files vmdk etc... I tried to fix it but obviously got the names wrong.
I can find lots of kb for viewing and editing parentcid chain etc for Fusion and ESX but nothing on Windows
How do I view and edit the cid chain on Windows?
And obviously I don't have a current backup to revert to.